Aim and Scope:
Journal of International Studies (ISSN 2228-8864) is a national bilingual-pattern (Thai and English) peer-reviewed semiannual journal published by the Faculty of International Studies, Prince of Songkla University Phuket Campus, Thailand. Its aim is to provide an area for domestic and international specialists, scholars, and students to publish their research works, academic articles, book reviews, and review articles under the interdisciplinary of humanities and social sciences, education, economics, business administration and management.
- Issue No. 1 January - June
- Issue No. 2 July – December
Throughout the year
1. Preparation of Manuscripts
1.1 Article specifications
1) Article subjects must never been published and fall under the disciplines of humanities and social sciences, education, economics, business administration and management.
2) The article must be written in Microsoft Word using a defined font of TH SarabunPSK.
3) A set of manuscript may not be longer than 30 pages, using A5 paper size.
4) Articles must provide an abstract with 200 words or less, and be written in both Thai and English. It must include the title of the article, name, and surname of the author. Five key words are the maximum.
5) Name and surname, highest degree, academic title, institution, and email-address of the author must be included.
1.2 Page Lay Out Setting
1) A4 paper size must be corresponded.
2) Single space must be provided.
3) Upper, lower, left and right margins must be 2.54 centimeters.
1.3 Font Style
|Article Components in order of arrangement||Letter characteristics||Printing style||Letter size|
|Author’s name||Bold, Italic||Right||16|
|Information in tables||Normal||-||14|
|Figure Headings / Subscripts||Normal||Left||14|
1) Author-date in-text citation must be placed after the sentence thereof that the citation supports, which is included the author’s name, year of publication, and page number (s).
... (Newman & Cullen, 2012, p. 12) …
... (Newman & Cullen, 2012, pp. 12-15) …
2) APA (American Psychological Association) must be applied, which is accompanied by a full, alphabetized list of citation in an end section, usually titled “References” in English. For example:
A) Book/ Textbook
Template: Author. (Year of Publication). Title. City, ST: Publisher.
Sample for one author/ single author:
|Kidder, T. (1981). The soul of a new machine. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Company.|
Sample for two authors:
|Frank, R. H., & Bernanke, B. (2007). Principles of macro-economics (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.|
Sample for more than three authors:
|Livermore, J.B., Quigley, E. & Bernanke, B. (2002). Field assessment in crisis counseling (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.|
B) Journal article/ Magazine/ News
Template: Author. (Year of Publication). Title of article with first word capped. Journal Name, vol (issue no.), page range.
| Gambrill, E.D. (2001). The tide is turning: Corporeal punishment in our schools. Quarterly of Social Work Teaching and Education, 27(2), 14-19.
C) Theses/ Dissertation
Template: Author. (Year of Publication). Title (Dissertation degree). University, State.
|Caprette, C. L. (2005). Conquering the cold shudder: The origin and evolution of snake eyes (Doctoral dissertation). Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.|
|Panich, A. (1994). Kamlongthaj Naj Phasa Lao Song. [Final particles in Lao Song] (Master's thesis). Mahidol University, Nakhorn Pathom.|
D) Internet/ Website
Template: Author. (Year). Title. Retrieved Month Date, Year, from URL
| National Renewable Energy Laboratory. (2008). Biofuels. Retrieved May 6, 2008, from http://www.nrel.gov/learning/re_biofuels.html
2. Article Submission
3. Considerations for Article Publication
1) The article initially will be reviewed by the editorial board.
2) The article will be reviewed and considered by specialists in academic quality. The name of the author is not be revealed.